- Accountability and transparency: you know what you are supporting, you read the names of the researchers involved, you can – if you wish – be updated about the project’s progress. Enough with ‘general’ donations!
- Money is never wasted: donations are never wasted, thanks to the “all or nothing” guarantee. Indeed, your donation is a simple ‘pledge’ which will become effective only if the research team reaches at least 80% of the budget, as a guarantee that the research goal will be pursued anyways;
- ‘Always open’ communication: not just an email account to ask information. Here you can keep in touch with the researcher engaged in the project you like best, using the project blog or his/her email. In addition, a dedicated Universitiamo® contact center is always working to provide any information or help you might need;
- Always a Reward: a reward for donors supporting medical research or sustainable and inclusive technological progress should not be needed. Yet, we want to share these research projects with you, we want to build a community that feels part of the projects. That’s why we believe a small reward for people who help us is always fair.
- “Full Commitment”: this is not just a box of projects coming from thousand sources. Plenty of crowdfunding platforms already do such a job. This is ‘our own’ platform, this is crowdfunding according to the University of Pavia, which certifies the quality and vision of the projects hosted by Universitiamo®.
How Does It Work?
- Explore the project you like;
- Choose the amount to give (even small donations are more than welcomed);
- Say if you want to stay in touch – and updated ‒ with the research team, thus becoming part of our community (optional)
- That’s it!
Your donation will become effective only if the project reaches at least the 80% of its budget goal, otherwise your account will not be charged one cent.